Friday, February 15, 2008

Park Chan Wook - Citations

Imdb trivia

"I don't feel enjoyment watching films that evoke passivity. If you need that kind of comfort, I don't understand why you wouldn't go to a spa."

"Living without hate for people is almost impossible. There is nothing wrong with fantasizing about revenge. You can have that feeling. You just shouldn't act on it."

"I can see why my films remind people of computer games, but I've never played one. Actually, I was approached by a Japanese designer of a PlayStation game called Metal Gear Solid. When I met him, I found that there was nothing really to talk about. But I was told that I was idolized in the world of computer games."

"...there is one thing that can never be said in Korea. You could never say that the Japanese occupation of Korea had been beneficial. That would create even more hostility than a movie praising North Korea. It would be like telling Jews that the Holocaust didn't exist."

I've always tried not to fall for the lies that say things like 'you can do anything if you have the will' or that 'you're the only one who can carve out your own life.' According to the audience member's beliefs, you could call it the will of God or social systems, or fate; but in the end, what I'm trying to say is the same. And that is, 'Life doesn't go your own way."

Park Chan Wook (réalisateur de Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance ...)

2 comments:

Matthieu Gagné said...

De loins un de mes réalisateur préféré ! Je n'ai malheureusement pas encore vue "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK", mais ce que je connais du film m'intrigue.

Hororo said...

J'aurais du aller le voir a sa sortie mais je suis aussi maintenant condamné à une sortie DVD.